Monday, September 22, 2014

BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS 21 DAY FIX

I finished up my last total body cardio workout today and I'm so proud of myself for sticking with the 21 Day Fix.  In the past three weeks of diet and exercise I am happy with my results. The pictures on the left hand side below with my hair pulled up were taken on September 1, 2014 and the pictures on the right hand side were taken September 22, 2014. Exactly 21 days apart. I know there might not be huge changes in the photos, but I can tell that my shirt and shorts both fit looser in both after pictures. I lost a total of 5.2 lbs and 9.8 inches. I have been able to fit into some of my pre-pregnancy clothes which feels amazing. I can't wait to continue on this weight loss journey and also get back into lifting so I can build lean muscle. I love to feel strong and have a tight and tone body.

 I don't doubt that I could have lost this weight much faster if I had decided not to nurse my twins for a year, but I don't regret it at all. I know it was the best thing for both of them especially because they were born six weeks early. It was worth it to put my babies first and focus solely on their health and well being. I know because I made that sacrifice of putting my weight loss on hold, that that is one of the reasons they are as healthy, and strong, and doing as well as they are today. Some people lose weight like crazy when they breast feed. I was definitely not one of those people, I think my body held onto the extra fat to help produce plenty of milk to provide for two babies. I just want to let moms know that there is no time line to lose your weight after giving birth. Don't compare yourself to others because everyone's genetics and body makeups are so different. You don't need to try and keep up with celebrities and lose your weight within one month of giving birth. You have to remember they have nannies, chefs, and personal trainers. Anyone could get in shape so easily with all that help. I also believe if you lose the weight correctly by changing your lifestyle and eating a healthy well balanced diet, while incorporating exercising you will not only lose the weight but you will keep it off. Its been a hard change getting back into eating really healthy because you know when your pregnant you have to eat what doesn't make you throw up and sometimes that is some sort of junk food, or Gatorade or whatever you can keep down. After eating that way for 9 months you get out of the habit of eating healthy. I can't lie after having my twins I was so tired and I could have cared less about meal prepping and working out, I took a nap over doing anything else. It takes time to get into a routine with your babies and that is totally ok, just do it at your own pace and don't get down on yourself because its taking you longer to get back in shape than someone else. Sorry for the long post, I just feel so strongly about women not getting down on themselves about their bodies after giving birth. You created a miracle and you should be so proud of yourself, you can get back in shape and I have faith that you will. Be patient and honestly trust the process of a healthy diet and exercising. Thank you 21 Day Fix for jumpstarting my weight loss. To purchase 21 Day Fix Click here. If your interested in becoming a coach for Beachbody Click here to get started.




 
 
Tank Urban Outfitters(old):Similar Style
Shorts: Adidas Similar

 


9 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats on your progress. You look amazing! Thanks for sharing your journey. :)

    http://www.kathrineeldridge1.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I really appreciate all your sweet comments :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats and job. You look fabulous.

    Eye See Euphoria : http://eyeseeeuphoria.com/post/its-my-first-anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi friend! U look great! U can definately tell in the bottom picture that u lost weight and toned up. U are so right about the lack of energy a new mom has to cook healthy meals. I know I struggle with it and I only had one baby! It takes time and like you said, we dont have nannies who watch our babies while we work out. Good job! So proud of you and hope you are feeling confident and great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much!!! I miss you girly!!!

      Delete
  4. You look absolutely stunning! Congrats on the progress and the results.
    www.kissthechic.com

    ReplyDelete