Friday, May 16, 2014

HOW TO STYLE YOUR MAXI SKIRT AND HIDE THE BOOTY JIGGLE

I know I'm not the only one who loves maxi skirts. I love almost everything about them. The one problem I have noticed with some of my skirts is the fabric is sometimes so thin that any ounce of cellulite on the booty shows through the skirt. They also don't cover any "jiggling" that goes on back there when your walking around.  I know what your thinking, just wear Spanx underneath the skirts, but honestly who wants to constantly be wearing spanx. I have found few ideas on how to wear maxi skirts without having to wear spanx and the best part is it will cover the cellulite/jiggling that's happening on your back side.


First option is to pair your maxi skirt with a longer cardigan that can cover the backside, you can also do this in the spring and summer, just find a short sleeve cardigan.


The next option perfect for spring/summer, pair it with a cute kimono.
 
 Another great option is to find a pleated maxi skirt, that alone will hide the booty jiggle.
 
High/Low shirts are really popular right now and are perfect to pair with your maxi skirt.  
The styles below would work better in fall/winter but the longer sweaters are a great option to cover the booty jiggle.  
I have found that if you have maxi skirts that are more of a chiffon/ flowey material you don't have to worry about your backside acting up because the skirt flatters your behind all by itself.   
Another great chiffon/flowey maxi skirt, very flattering.



A great casual/funky option is to tie a plaid shirt around your waist.


 
I hope this helps and you can now rock your maxi skirts without feeling self conscious about your backside.  
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Great maxi skirt inspiration :D

    I still love this trend a lot !

    Happy Friday Girl!

    Stop by my blog for a chat :D

    xxx
    ANATOMICALS REVIEW!
    Visit The Fashion Milkshake Blog
    JOIN MY BLOGGER NETWORK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing inspiration ideas!:)
    xxMonica
    http://sunstreetmonidesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey doll, great post! Totally agree with the "booty jiggle" when wearing a maxi dress. I think it's something that we've all seen before. WOOF! Thanks for sharing other ways to pair a maxi :)

    Stay Styled,

    Lindsey

    http://staystyledoc.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love, I'm glad you liked it!!!

      Delete
  4. I couldn't imagine wearing spanx underneath.. the point is to be comfy haha so love these alternatives! :)

    aboutamor.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juliet, this post is EXACTLY what I needed! I can finally be comfortable again, (aka no more spanx) in my maxi skirts now that I have all of these great ideas! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it helped I tried to find the cutest ways to style the maxi while covering up the booty!

      Delete
  6. By the way, the above comment is from me, (Jen Walker) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow great idea to style the maxi skirt. I have never thought about that :)

    ReplyDelete