Monday, April 14, 2014

My Makeup Routine


I absolutely love makeup, I love trying new brands and have tried a little bit of everything and have found my favorites. I'm excited to share my favorites with you guys and hopefully some of them will work for you as well.


  • BENEFIT COSMETICS The POREfessional: I'm obsessed with this product, I've tried several other primers and this is my favorite.  I love it because it minimizes the appearance of my pores and helps my makeup stay put. It makes your skin feel so silky, I wear it under my makeup because it creates a smooth silky surface so your makeup applies so much better than without it. Its really easy to apply to your skin, I just start in the center of the face  and work outward. Wait a few seconds and then apply makeup.

  • JOSIE MARAN Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon (I use Fair 1): My favorite new concealer, its so easy to use and you literally just draw it on your face like a crayon. This concealer is super hydrating doesn't look cakey, and the main reason I love it is that it doesn't cause creases like other concealers I have tried. It's really easy to blend and  it comes with a self-sharpening, twist-up tip which is the icing on the cake. This concealer is a must have in my book. I just blend this in with my finger tips or my beauty blender.

  • MAC COSMETICS STUDIO FIX Powder Plus Foundation: (I use NC20): I have tried what seems like a million other types of foundations and powders and this is my number one choice and probably always will be. The first time I used this product was in high school and I'm pretty sure this will be a favorite of mine for life. This gives the best coverage ever, it makes my skin look flawless and the best part is it lasts forever(I'm talking months) You also don't need any of those super expensive brushes to apply it with, it comes with a sponge and that's what I love to apply it with and just recently I have been using the beauty blender and love it. I've tried other MAC brushes to apply it but I find the sponge applies it just fine. This powder is really easy to apply its a one-step powder and foundation that gives you a flawless full-coverage finish. It lasts all day. I will touch up like once in the day sometimes.


  • SMASHBOX  Bronze Lights   (I use sunkissed matte): One of my favorite bronzers, I tried this originally because I saw that Kim Kardashian used it and now I know why she does. Its fabulous. I love that it goes on matte. Sometimes I felt like when I would use shimmery bronzer it would make me look dirty or like my makeup was cakey. I also like some of the MAC bronzers but I would say this is my favorite.


  • NARS Blush (I use orgasm): My all time favorite blush and not just because of the name! This blush is the perfect peachy pink color and I feel like it would work great on a range of skin tones. I use it year round whether I'm a little more tan or white. I feel like it gives you a healthy pretty glow.

  • URBAN DECAY Naked Palette  : If you have never tried Urban Decay eye shadows you are missing out they are definitely comparable to MAC. The pigment in them is amazing they are so easy to work with and blend. I love the Naked palette it has the perfect basic colors that every girl can use. I want to try the 2nd and 3rd Naked palettes so bad. Does anyone have them? Which one of the Naked Palettes is your favorite?



  • MAC COSMETICS Fluidline eyeliner:  This eyeliner is gel and is really easy to work with, you can blend it out to make the perfect smokey eye effect, you can use it to get a softer finish. It's amazing to get really precise perfect lines as well. Its the best long-wearing eyeliner and also the only eyeliner that I have found to stay put on my water line. It's literally smudge-proof. I use blacktrack and rich ground which is an amazing bronzey brown color the most. You want to apply it with an angled brush as pictured above.



  • MAC COSMETICS Zoom Lash Mascara: (Zoom Black) Your search for the perfect mascara is over, I'm 100% addicted and obsessed with this mascara. Its so black and goes on perfect every time. It never runs or flakes off even after having it on for 12 hours. I cannot say enough good things about it. Its a must have for sure. I usually do 2-3 coats of mascara.


  •  STILA Color Me Glossy Lip Gloss:  (Set of 9 colors) I'm not a huge lipstick wearer. I think other girls look so pretty wearing the bright red and bright pink lipsticks but when I try it I feel like I look so weird. I don't know I haven't dared to rock it outside of my house yet. These are my all time favorite lip glosses and they always come in these perfect little kits so you have a ton of colors that will look great on anyone.


I don't use any crazy expensive special brushes to apply my makeup, I usually get the MAC Cosmetics sets at Christmas time, because you can get like five brushes for the price of one of their normal brushes. I know brushes can make a huge difference in how your makeup applies but I just can't get myself to spend hundreds of dollars to get the perfect collection of them. I do however have one major recommendation and its the beauty blender to apply your powder/foundation and also to blend your concealer. The beautyblender sponge can be used with liquid, cream, powder, loose, or pressed, it works with everything. I highly recommend it to get a flawless face.

Well there you have it my must have makeup items. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks for checking out my blog.

 
 
sincerely, Juliet

3 comments:

  1. The make up is so beautiful! And it fits so well to your type. Simply gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Mac studio fix powder too! My fav

    ReplyDelete